I currently share resources via TES Teaching Resources and The Guardian Teacher Network - these are free to download and use in your school or any other non-commercial setting.
Please also note that where I have used Amazon.co.uk to create reading lists or to recommend specific books & resources, I do so only for convenience - I try to buy second-hand books & resources wherever possible and would encourage others to do the same.
Resources for school training / awareness raising:
- Books for Special Needs / SpLD teachers (via Amazon)
- More Books for Special Needs / SpLD teachers (via Amazon)
- Classroom Posters for SEN & Disability
- Effective LSAs / In-Class Support | Quick View
- 'PowerPoint Killed The Classroom Star' - PPt & SpLD | Quick View
- Challenges & Opportunites in SEN | Quick View
- Visual Stress & Visual Processing Difficulties | Quick View ]
- Neurodiversity and Special Educational Needs Poster
- Dyslexia - Myths, Gifts and Tips | Quick View
- Data & SEN: The Art of Storytelling | Quick View
- 5 Steps to Effective SEN Training | Quick View
Resources for supporting students with literacy / specific learning difficulties:
- Books to engage teenagers and get them thinking (via Amazon)
- APP English Writing - Level 2 to 4 Step-by-Step
- Dyslexia-Friendly Marking Guidelines
- Literacy Progress Units **Recycled from the DfE Archives**
- Year 7 Spelling Bank **Recycled from the DfE Archives**
- Skills+ English - Projects for Lower Attainers
- Philosophy 4 Children and Reading | Quick View
- KS3 NC Level 2 - 4 English Marking Aid
- One-Page Study Skills Guides
- 'There's Only One Jimmy Grimble' - English Level 3 to 5 Resources
- 'Private Peaceful' - English Level 3 to 5 Resources
- More 'Private Peaceful' Resources
- 'Skellig' - English Level 3 to 5 Resources
- Y11 Revision Session - Persuasive Techniques
- English Baseline Assessment for KS4
- Creative Writing - 'Alternative Batman'
- Creative Writing - 'Seasons of the Human Soul'
- 'Of Mice and Men' - Various Resources
- AQA GCSE English Exam Prep - Q1 | Q2 | Q3 | Q4 | Q5 and Q6
Resources for supporting students with difficulties related to concentration and organisational skills:
- 'Skills for School' Pack for KS3 Students
- 'Individual & Team Skills' Pack for KS4 / KS5 Students
- Planner+ (Home-School Liaison Booklet)
- The Learning Challenge **Recycled from the DfE Archives**
- Revision & Coursework Planners for KS4 & KS5
- Lifestyle Diary (Food, Sleep, Activity)
- General Activity Bank for Memory and Concentration
- Activity Bank - Starters - 'Settlers and Stirrers'
Resources for supporting students with speech and language difficulties:
- Strategy Sheet - SLCN Needs by Jean Gross !NEW!
- Blank Model Question Bank for Discussion about Texts
- Blank Model Question Bank for Behaviour Incident Follow-Ups
- Speaking & Listening Walls - Level 1 to 4
- Visual Cue Cards for Classroom Behaviour
- Building Vocabulary - Templates / Worksheets
- Vocab Rally Game - Template & Examples
- Activity Bank - Language-Nurturing Activities
Identifying and supporting SpLD types (ADHD, Dyslexia etc.):
- SEN Initial Checklists
- Supportive Classrooms Booklet 1 - Support for Learning
- Quick Guide to Standardised Testing
- Glossary for SEN / SpLD / Special Needs
- Identification Criteria for Additional Needs / SEN Registers
- Additional Needs Register - Template
- Guidance on Risk Assessments for SEN & Practical Activities
- Formative Assessment for SEN & Access Arrangements
- Whole School Literacy Screening for KS3 & KS4
- Simple but Effective IEPs - Policy & Template
- Getting Ready for Referral - Prep Form
Emotional & social aspects of learning - including mental health:
- Strategy Banks for Anxiety !NEW!
- Strategy Sheet - SEMH by Jean Gross !NEW!
- Strategies to De-escalate Peer vs. Peer Conflict
- 12 Short Stories on Positive Thinking
- 10 More Short Stories on Positive Thinking
- Nurture Groups & Attachment Theory Resources
- Books for teachers setting up a Nurture Group (via Amazon)
- Books for working with challenging behaviour (via Amazon)
- My Autobiography Booklet
- Comic Strip Conversations Dictionary
- Weekly SEAL Reflections
- International Day of Peace / Conflict in School
- School Stress Survey
- Learner Self-Esteem Questionnaire !NEW!
- Social Stories
- School Senses Questionnaire !NEW!
Resources for supporting students with English as an Additional Language:
History of Humans
- KS3 Humanities - A Sense of Place
- Various History Resources - Tudor Era
- Various History Resources - Early Stuarts Era
- Inspirational People Research Project
- War and Peace - Types of War
- Civil Rights in South Africa and the USA
- Approach to Classroom Learning - Assessment Grid !NEW!
- Forest Schools Assessment Tool !NEW!
- Outdoor Learning Assessment Tool !NEW!
- Learning Styles - Quick Self-Assessment
- Cognitive Abilities Testing and Learning Styles
- Passport to Learning - ID-style card for students
- 'Cooking at Home' - Various Recipes and Resources
- More 'Cooking at Home' Recipes
- Forest Schools Scrapbooks
- Attitudes to Law and Society Survey
- Study Skills Sessions
- Personal Finance
- General Election 2015
- Introduction to Chess
- Fair Trade Assembly
- Using Microsoft Word Creatively
- Peak Experiences Assembly
- SEN Team Self-Evaluation Tools
- SEN Class & Cohort Tracking Sheets
- Reflecting on Leadership | Quick View 1 | Quick View 2 | Quick View 3
The bulk of the work on the website has been created by Matt Grant - and shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Work by any other author featured on this website is shared under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.